Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the rust tree with the kbuild tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2024 15:33:33 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the rust tree got a conflict in:

  rust/Makefile

between commit:

  7c972986689b ("kbuild: use $(src) instead of $(srctree)/$(src) for source directory")

from the kbuild tree and commit:

  11795ae4cc43 ("kbuild: use the upstream `alloc` crate")

from the rust tree.

I fixed it up (the latter commit removed a line updated by the former,
so I did that) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as
far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be
mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell