Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the dma-mapping tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2024 09:16:31 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the dma-mapping tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

net/core/page_pool.c: In function '__page_pool_dma_sync_for_device':
net/core/page_pool.c:406:54: error: passing argument 1 of 'page_pool_get_dma_addr' discards 'const' qualifier from pointer target type [-Werror=discarded-qualifiers]
  406 |         dma_addr_t dma_addr = page_pool_get_dma_addr(page);
      |                                                      ^~~~
In file included from net/core/page_pool.c:13:
include/net/page_pool/helpers.h:373:62: note: expected 'struct page *' but argument is of type 'const struct page *'
  373 | static inline dma_addr_t page_pool_get_dma_addr(struct page *page)
      |                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  8bf4d7154d4c ("page_pool: check for DMA sync shortcut earlier")

I have used the dma-mapping tree from next-20240507 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell