Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the bitmap tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2024 16:27:55 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the bitmap tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

lib/test_bitops.c: In function 'test_fns':
lib/test_bitops.c:56:9: error: cleanup argument not a function
   56 |         unsigned long *buf __free(kfree) = NULL;
      |         ^~~~~~~~
lib/test_bitops.c:60:15: error: implicit declaration of function 'kmalloc_array' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   60 |         buf = kmalloc_array(10000, sizeof(unsigned long), GFP_KERNEL);
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
lib/test_bitops.c:60:13: error: assignment to 'long unsigned int *' from 'int' makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Werror=int-conversion]
   60 |         buf = kmalloc_array(10000, sizeof(unsigned long), GFP_KERNEL);
      |             ^
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  777c893e12fa ("lib/test_bitops: Add benchmark test for fns()")

I have used the bitmap tree from next-20240507 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell