Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 17:03:05 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the sound-asoc tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

ld: warning: discarding dynamic section .glink
ld: warning: discarding dynamic section .plt
ld: linkage table error against `acp_dsp_stream_config'
ld: stubs don't match calculated size
ld: can not build stubs: bad value
ld: sound/soc/sof/amd/acp-probes.o: in function `acp_probes_compr_shutdown':
acp-probes.c:(.text.acp_probes_compr_shutdown+0x8c): undefined reference to `acp_dsp_stream_put'
ld: sound/soc/sof/amd/acp-probes.o: in function `acp_probes_compr_startup':
acp-probes.c:(.text.acp_probes_compr_startup+0x84): undefined reference to `acp_dsp_stream_get'
ld: sound/soc/sof/amd/acp-probes.o: in function `acp_probes_compr_set_params':
acp-probes.c:(.text.acp_probes_compr_set_params+0x108): undefined reference to `acp_dsp_stream_config'
ld: acp-probes.c:(.text.acp_probes_compr_set_params+0x140): undefined reference to `acp_dsp_stream_put'
ld: sound/soc/sof/amd/renoir.o:(.toc+0x0): undefined reference to `sof_acp_common_ops'
ld: sound/soc/sof/amd/rembrandt.o:(.toc+0x0): undefined reference to `sof_acp_common_ops'
ld: sound/soc/sof/amd/vangogh.o:(.toc+0x0): undefined reference to `sof_acp_common_ops'
ld: sound/soc/sof/amd/acp63.o:(.toc+0x0): undefined reference to `sof_acp_common_ops'

Caused by commit

  9c2f5b6eb8b7 ("ASoC: SOF: Use *-y instead of *-objs in Makefile")

I am not sure why, but reverting that commit fixed the build, so I have
done that for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell