Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kvm tree with the loongarch tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2024 12:54:04 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kvm tree got a conflict in:

  arch/loongarch/kernel/irq.c

between commit:

  5685d7fcb55f ("LoongArch: Give a chance to build with !CONFIG_SMP")

from the loongarch tree and commit:

  316863cb62fe ("LoongArch/smp: Refine some ipi functions on LoongArch platform")

from the kvm tree.

I fixed it up (the latter removed a function that was made protected by
CONFIG_SMP in the former - I just removed it) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell