Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the i2c-host tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2024 10:41:28 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the i2c-host tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../pm/swsmu/smu14/smu_v14_0_2_ppt.c: In function 'smu_v14_0_2_i2c_control_init':
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../pm/swsmu/smu14/smu_v14_0_2_ppt.c:1565:34: error: 'I2C_CLASS_SPD' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'I2C_CLASS_HWMON'?
 1565 |                 control->class = I2C_CLASS_SPD;
      |                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                                  I2C_CLASS_HWMON

Caused by commit

  49b33f4b3a9e ("i2c: Remove I2C_CLASS_SPD")

interacting with commit

  3e55845c3983 ("drm/amd/swsmu: add smu v14_0_2 support")

from Linus' tree (in the current merge window).

I have used the i2c-host tree from next-20240521 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell