Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vhost tree with the net-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2024 17:05:13 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the vhost tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/net/virtio_net.c

between commit:

  d891317fe4fb ("virtio_net: Remove u64_stats_update_begin()/end() for stats fetch")

from the net-next tree and commit:

  b76ecd081d7f ("virtio_net: Use u64_stats_fetch_begin() for stats fetch")

from the vhost tree.

I fixed it up (I used the former version) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell