Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the leds-lj tree

From: Lee Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2024 08:31:39 +0100

Christian,

> Hi all,
> 
> After merging the leds-lj tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
> allmodconfig) failed like this:
> 
> In file included from drivers/leds/leds-lp5569.c:11:
> drivers/leds/leds-lp5569.c: In function 'lp5569_post_init_device':
> drivers/leds/leds-lp5569.c:204:52: error: passing argument 3 of 'lp55xx_read' from incompatible pointer type [-Werror=incompatible-pointer-types]
>   204 |                           chip, LP5569_REG_STATUS, &val);
>       |                                                    ^~~~
>       |                                                    |
>       |                                                    int *

The only reason for applying this set this late in the cycle was that
they appeared to be fixes for other brokenness.

This is the second set that you've submitted in recent days that has
caused build breakages.  Something is wrong with your current
development practices.  Are you able to identify and rectify these
issue(s) before a lose trust in your submissions?

-- 
Lee Jones [李琼斯]