Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the iommufd tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2024 15:58:42 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the iommufd tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/container_of.h:5,
                 from include/linux/list.h:5,
                 from include/linux/wait.h:7,
                 from include/linux/wait_bit.h:8,
                 from include/linux/fs.h:6,
                 from drivers/iommu/iommufd/fault.c:7:
drivers/iommu/iommufd/fault.c: In function 'iommufd_fault_fops_write':
drivers/iommu/iommufd/fault.c:308:57: error: comparison between 'enum iommufd_page_response_code' and 'enum iommu_page_response_code' [-Werror=enum-compare]
  308 |                 static_assert(IOMMUFD_PAGE_RESP_SUCCESS ==
      |                                                         ^~
include/linux/build_bug.h:78:56: note: in definition of macro '__static_assert'
   78 | #define __static_assert(expr, msg, ...) _Static_assert(expr, msg)
      |                                                        ^~~~
drivers/iommu/iommufd/fault.c:308:17: note: in expansion of macro 'static_assert'
  308 |                 static_assert(IOMMUFD_PAGE_RESP_SUCCESS ==
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/iommu/iommufd/fault.c:310:57: error: comparison between 'enum iommufd_page_response_code' and 'enum iommu_page_response_code' [-Werror=enum-compare]
  310 |                 static_assert(IOMMUFD_PAGE_RESP_INVALID ==
      |                                                         ^~
include/linux/build_bug.h:78:56: note: in definition of macro '__static_assert'
   78 | #define __static_assert(expr, msg, ...) _Static_assert(expr, msg)
      |                                                        ^~~~
drivers/iommu/iommufd/fault.c:310:17: note: in expansion of macro 'static_assert'
  310 |                 static_assert(IOMMUFD_PAGE_RESP_INVALID ==
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  c7a0991733cc ("iommufd: Add check on user response code")

I have used the iommufd tree from next-20240711 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell