Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the cgroup tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2024 16:43:54 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the cgroup tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs)
failed like this:

Sphinx parallel build error:
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xfd in position 558: invalid start byte

Caused by commit

  704f684e15ad ("cgroup: Add Michal Koutný as a maintainer")

I tracked this down using

  git diff stable.. | cat -v | grep -F 'M-}'

and finding the commit that added the line that was output.
I tested it by building with the commit temporarily reverted.  I have
left that commit in today's linux-next.

Clearly (I think) there is nothing wrong with the commit, but the Sphinx
utf-8 decoder also clearly does not think it is valid UTF-8 :-(

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell