Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the ftrace tree with the vfs-brauner tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2024 13:21:55 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the ftrace tree got a conflict in:

  arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_64.tbl

between commit:

  e6873349f700 ("fs/xattr: add *at family syscalls")

from the vfs-brauner tree and commits:

  190fec72df4a ("uprobe: Wire up uretprobe system call")
  63ded110979b ("uprobe: Change uretprobe syscall scope and number")

from the ftrace tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

I also added this patch due to commit (no in Linus' tree)

  4fe53bf2ba0a ("syscalls: add generic scripts/syscall.tbl")

rom: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2024 13:15:32 +1000
Subject: [PATCH] fixup for "uprobe: Wire up uretprobe system call"

and "uprobe: Change uretprobe syscall scope and number"

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 scripts/syscall.tbl | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/scripts/syscall.tbl b/scripts/syscall.tbl
index 86b53c7a815b..c792b08e594d 100644
--- a/scripts/syscall.tbl
+++ b/scripts/syscall.tbl
@@ -406,3 +406,4 @@
 464	common	getxattrat			sys_getxattrat
 465	common	listxattrat			sys_listxattrat
 466	common	removexattrat			sys_removexattrat
+467	common	uretprobe			sys_uretprobe
-- 
2.43.0

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_64.tbl
index 623d954f3afb,dabf1982de6d..000000000000
--- a/arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_64.tbl
+++ b/arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_64.tbl
@@@ -385,10 -384,7 +385,11 @@@
  460	common	lsm_set_self_attr	sys_lsm_set_self_attr
  461	common	lsm_list_modules	sys_lsm_list_modules
  462 	common  mseal			sys_mseal
 +463	common	setxattrat		sys_setxattrat
 +464	common	getxattrat		sys_getxattrat
 +465	common	listxattrat		sys_listxattrat
 +466	common	removexattrat		sys_removexattrat
+ 467	common	uretprobe		sys_uretprobe
  
  #
  # Due to a historical design error, certain syscalls are numbered differently