Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the vfs-brauner tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2024 10:00:41 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the vfs-brauner tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from fs/smb/server/unicode.c:14:
fs/smb/server/smb_common.h:46: error: "F_CREATED" redefined [-Werror]
   46 | #define F_CREATED       2
      | 
In file included from include/linux/fcntl.h:6,
                 from include/linux/fs.h:26,
                 from fs/smb/server/unicode.c:9:
include/uapi/linux/fcntl.h:20: note: this is the location of the previous definition
   20 | #define F_CREATED       (F_LINUX_SPECIFIC_BASE + 4)
      | 
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  a621ce4eed14 ("fcntl: add F_CREATED")

Is that commit really intended for this merge window?

I have used the vfs-brauner tree from next-20240725 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell