Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the sched-ext tree with the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2024 12:45:41 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the sched-ext tree got a conflict in:

  kernel/sched/fair.c

between commit:

  faa42d29419d ("sched/fair: Make SCHED_IDLE entity be preempted in strict hierarchy")

from the tip tree and commit:

  2c8d046d5d51 ("sched: Add normal_policy()")

from the sched-ext tree.

I fixed it up (I used the former version) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell