Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2024 09:48:20 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the qcom tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/clk/qcom/camcc-sm8150.c: In function 'cam_cc_sm8150_probe':
drivers/clk/qcom/camcc-sm8150.c:2141:36: error: passing argument 1 of 'qcom_cc_really_probe' from incompatible pointer type [-Werror=incompatible-pointer-types]
 2141 |         ret = qcom_cc_really_probe(pdev, &cam_cc_sm8150_desc, regmap);
      |                                    ^~~~
      |                                    |
      |                                    struct platform_device *
In file included from drivers/clk/qcom/camcc-sm8150.c:21:
drivers/clk/qcom/common.h:72:48: note: expected 'struct device *' but argument is of type 'struct platform_device *'
   72 | extern int qcom_cc_really_probe(struct device *dev,
      |                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  ea73b7aceff6 ("clk: qcom: Add camera clock controller driver for SM8150")

I have used the qcom tree from next-20240801 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell