Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the cpufreq-arm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2024 10:57:26 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the cpufreq-arm tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/cpufreq.h:17,
                 from drivers/cpufreq/spear-cpufreq.c:17:
drivers/cpufreq/spear-cpufreq.c: In function 'spear_cpufreq_probe':
include/linux/of.h:1435:51: error: lvalue required as unary '&' operand
 1435 |                  of_prop_next_u32(_it.prop, NULL, &u)};                 \
      |                                                   ^
drivers/cpufreq/spear-cpufreq.c:201:9: note: in expansion of macro 'of_property_for_each_u32'
  201 |         of_property_for_each_u32(np, "cpufreq_tbl", &val)
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/of.h:1437:62: error: lvalue required as unary '&' operand
 1437 |              _it.item = of_prop_next_u32(_it.prop, _it.item, &u))
      |                                                              ^
drivers/cpufreq/spear-cpufreq.c:201:9: note: in expansion of macro 'of_property_for_each_u32'
  201 |         of_property_for_each_u32(np, "cpufreq_tbl", &val)
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  e960bbac0af4 ("cpufreq: spear: Use of_property_for_each_u32() instead of open coding")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell