Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the vfs-brauner tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2024 09:03:00 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the vfs-brauner tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/fs.h:6,
                 from fs/inode.c:7:
fs/inode.c: In function 'inode_dio_wait':
fs/inode.c:2650:45: error: the address of 'inode_dio_finished' will always evaluate as 'true' [-Werror=address]
 2650 |         wait_var_event(&inode->i_dio_count, inode_dio_finished);
      |                                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/wait_bit.h:276:13: note: in definition of macro 'wait_var_event'
  276 |         if (condition)                                                  \
      |             ^~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  6f87283ed286 ("inode: remove __I_DIO_WAKEUP")

I have used the vfs-brauner tree from next-20240819 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell