Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the sound tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2024 13:29:04 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the sound tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/asm-generic/bug.h:22,
                 from arch/arm/include/asm/bug.h:60,
                 from include/linux/bug.h:5,
                 from include/linux/io.h:12,
                 from sound/core/pcm_memory.c:7:
sound/core/pcm_memory.c: In function 'snd_pcm_lib_preallocate_proc_write':
include/linux/kern_levels.h:5:25: warning: format '%zu' expects argument of type 'size_t', but argument 7 has type 'long unsigned int' [-Wformat=]
    5 | #define KERN_SOH        "\001"          /* ASCII Start Of Header */
      |                         ^~~~~~
include/linux/printk.h:135:25: note: in definition of macro 'no_printk'
  135 |                 _printk(fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__);            \
      |                         ^~~
include/linux/kern_levels.h:15:25: note: in expansion of macro 'KERN_SOH'
   15 | #define KERN_DEBUG      KERN_SOH "7"    /* debug-level messages */
      |                         ^~~~~~~~
include/linux/printk.h:620:19: note: in expansion of macro 'KERN_DEBUG'
  620 |         no_printk(KERN_DEBUG pr_fmt(fmt), ##__VA_ARGS__)
      |                   ^~~~~~~~~~
sound/core/pcm_memory.c:215:33: note: in expansion of macro 'pr_debug'
  215 |                                 pr_debug("ALSA pcmC%dD%d%c,%d:%s: cannot preallocate for size %zu\n",
      |                                 ^~~~~~~~

Introduced by commit

  43b42ed438bf ("ALSA: pcm: Fix the previous conversion to kstrtoul()")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell