Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs-brauner tree with the ext4 tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2024 09:15:32 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the vfs-brauner tree got conflicts in:

  fs/ext4/inline.c
  fs/ext4/inode.c

between commits:

  a256c25ef1b1 ("ext4: hoist ext4_block_write_begin and replace the __block_write_begin")
  64f2355d7f8a ("ext4: fix a potential assertion failure due to improperly dirtied buffer")

from the ext4 tree and commit:

  9f04609f74ec ("buffer: Convert __block_write_begin() to take a folio")

from the vfs-brauner tree.

I fixed it up (I used the former) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell