Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs-brauner tree with the cifs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2024 08:46:37 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the vfs-brauner tree got a conflict in:

  fs/smb/client/cifssmb.c

between commit:

  a68c74865f51 ("cifs: Fix SMB1 readv/writev callback in the same way as SMB2/3")

from the cifs tree and commit:

  0fda1f8c6bf8 ("netfs: Speed up buffered reading")

from the vfs-brauner tree.

I fixed it up (I used the former as it is (supposedly) a much newer patch)
and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell