Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the clk tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2024 11:27:28 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the clk tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
produced this warning:

WARNING: modpost: drivers/clk/clk-test: section mismatch in reference: clk_register_clk_parent_data_device_init+0x3c (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_clk_parent_data_test_end (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/clk/clk-test: section mismatch in reference: clk_register_clk_parent_data_device_init+0x43 (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_clk_parent_data_test_begin (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/clk/clk-test: section mismatch in reference: clk_register_clk_parent_data_device_init+0x4a (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_clk_parent_data_test_begin (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/clk/clk-test: section mismatch in reference: clk_register_clk_parent_data_of_test_init+0x3e (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_clk_parent_data_test_end (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/clk/clk-test: section mismatch in reference: clk_register_clk_parent_data_of_test_init+0x45 (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_clk_parent_data_test_begin (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/clk/clk-test: section mismatch in reference: clk_register_clk_parent_data_of_test_init+0x4c (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_clk_parent_data_test_begin (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/clk/clk-fixed-rate-test: section mismatch in reference: clk_fixed_rate_of_init+0x4d (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_clk_fixed_rate_test_end (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/clk/clk-fixed-rate-test: section mismatch in reference: clk_fixed_rate_of_init+0x54 (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_clk_fixed_rate_test_begin (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/clk/clk-fixed-rate-test: section mismatch in reference: clk_fixed_rate_of_init+0x5b (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_clk_fixed_rate_test_begin (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/of/overlay-test: section mismatch in reference: of_overlay_apply_kunit_cleanup+0x13f (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_overlay_test_end (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/of/overlay-test: section mismatch in reference: of_overlay_apply_kunit_cleanup+0x146 (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_overlay_test_begin (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/of/overlay-test: section mismatch in reference: of_overlay_apply_kunit_cleanup+0x150 (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_overlay_test_begin (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/of/overlay-test: section mismatch in reference: of_overlay_apply_kunit_platform_device+0x43 (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_overlay_test_end (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/of/overlay-test: section mismatch in reference: of_overlay_apply_kunit_platform_device+0x4a (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_overlay_test_begin (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/of/overlay-test: section mismatch in reference: of_overlay_apply_kunit_platform_device+0x51 (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_overlay_test_begin (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/of/overlay-test: section mismatch in reference: of_overlay_apply_kunit_apply+0x43 (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_overlay_test_end (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/of/overlay-test: section mismatch in reference: of_overlay_apply_kunit_apply+0x4a (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_overlay_test_begin (section: .init.rodata)
WARNING: modpost: drivers/of/overlay-test: section mismatch in reference: of_overlay_apply_kunit_apply+0x51 (section: .text) -> __dtbo_kunit_overlay_test_begin (section: .init.rodata)

Introduced by commits

  274aff8711b2 ("clk: Add KUnit tests for clks registered with struct clk_parent_data")
  5776526beb95 ("clk: Add KUnit tests for clk fixed rate basic type")
  5c9dd72d8385 ("of: Add a KUnit test for overlays and test managed APIs")
(and maybe more from the clk tree)

presumably interacting with commit

  62e7b80a7ff5 ("kbuild: move non-boot builtin DTBs to .init.rodata section")

from the kbuild tree.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell