Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the regulator tree with the mfd tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2024 12:51:01 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the regulator tree got conflicts in:

  drivers/mfd/axp20x.c
  include/linux/mfd/axp20x.h

between commit:

  2e1a57d5b0ad ("mfd: axp20x: Add ADC, BAT, and USB cells for AXP717")

from the mfd tree and commit:

  bb2ac59f8205 ("mfd: axp20x: AXP717: Add support for boost regulator")

from the regulator tree.

The latter change to  include/linux/mfd/axp20x.h is a subset of the
former change.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/mfd/axp20x.c
index 4051551757f2,16950c3206d7..000000000000
--- a/drivers/mfd/axp20x.c
+++ b/drivers/mfd/axp20x.c
@@@ -209,15 -209,11 +209,17 @@@ static const struct regmap_access_tabl
  };
  
  static const struct regmap_range axp717_writeable_ranges[] = {
 +	regmap_reg_range(AXP717_PMU_FAULT, AXP717_MODULE_EN_CONTROL_1),
 +	regmap_reg_range(AXP717_MIN_SYS_V_CONTROL, AXP717_BOOST_CONTROL),
+ 	regmap_reg_range(AXP717_MODULE_EN_CONTROL_2, AXP717_MODULE_EN_CONTROL_2),
+ 	regmap_reg_range(AXP717_BOOST_CONTROL, AXP717_BOOST_CONTROL),
 +	regmap_reg_range(AXP717_VSYS_V_POWEROFF, AXP717_VSYS_V_POWEROFF),
  	regmap_reg_range(AXP717_IRQ0_EN, AXP717_IRQ4_EN),
  	regmap_reg_range(AXP717_IRQ0_STATE, AXP717_IRQ4_STATE),
 +	regmap_reg_range(AXP717_ICC_CHG_SET, AXP717_CV_CHG_SET),
  	regmap_reg_range(AXP717_DCDC_OUTPUT_CONTROL, AXP717_CPUSLDO_CONTROL),
 +	regmap_reg_range(AXP717_ADC_CH_EN_CONTROL, AXP717_ADC_CH_EN_CONTROL),
 +	regmap_reg_range(AXP717_ADC_DATA_SEL, AXP717_ADC_DATA_SEL),
  };
  
  static const struct regmap_range axp717_volatile_ranges[] = {