Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kvm-x86 tree with the kvm6390 tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2024 15:43:28 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kvm-x86 tree got a conflict in:

  tools/testing/selftests/kvm/.gitignore

between commit:

  011901fc2224 ("selftests: kvm: s390: Add s390x ucontrol test suite with hpage test")

from the kvm6390 tree and commit:

  9d15171f39f0 ("KVM: selftests: Explicitly include committed one-off assets in .gitignore")

from the kvm-x86 tree.

I fixed it up (the latter includes the former) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell