Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the xen-tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2024 16:04:19 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the xen-tip tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from arch/x86/kernel/jailhouse.c:17:
arch/x86/include/asm/acpi.h:179:42: error: unknown type name 'acpi_physical_address'
  179 | extern void __iomem * (*acpi_os_ioremap)(acpi_physical_address phys,
      |                                          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
arch/x86/include/asm/acpi.h:180:42: error: unknown type name 'acpi_size'
  180 |                                          acpi_size size);
      |                                          ^~~~~~~~~
arch/x86/include/asm/acpi.h:181:35: error: unknown type name 'acpi_physical_address'
  181 | void __iomem *x86_acpi_os_ioremap(acpi_physical_address phys, acpi_size size);
      |                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
arch/x86/include/asm/acpi.h:181:63: error: unknown type name 'acpi_size'
  181 | void __iomem *x86_acpi_os_ioremap(acpi_physical_address phys, acpi_size size);
      |                                                               ^~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  9adc485684da ("xen: allow mapping ACPI data using a different physical address")

I have used the xen-tip tree from next-20240910 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell