Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the rust tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2024 18:03:16 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the rust tree got a conflict in:

  rust/Makefile

between commit:

  b8673d56935c ("rust: kbuild: fix export of bss symbols")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  53bd83d95bb0 ("rust: cfi: add support for CFI_CLANG with Rust")

from the rust tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc rust/Makefile
index f168d2c98a15,dd76dc27d666..000000000000
--- a/rust/Makefile
+++ b/rust/Makefile
@@@ -305,7 -306,7 +306,7 @@@ $(obj)/bindings/bindings_helpers_genera
  quiet_cmd_exports = EXPORTS $@
        cmd_exports = \
  	$(NM) -p --defined-only $< \
- 		| awk '/ (T|R|D|B) / {printf "EXPORT_SYMBOL_RUST_GPL(%s);\n",$$3}' > $@
 -		| awk '$$2~/(T|R|D)/ && $$3!~/__cfi/ {printf "EXPORT_SYMBOL_RUST_GPL(%s);\n",$$3}' > $@
++		| awk '$$2~/(T|R|D|B)/ && $$3!~/__cfi/ {printf "EXPORT_SYMBOL_RUST_GPL(%s);\n",$$3}' > $@
  
  $(obj)/exports_core_generated.h: $(obj)/core.o FORCE
  	$(call if_changed,exports)