Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2024 10:04:34 +1000

Hi all,

After merging Linus' tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed (very quickly) like this:

error: unknown unstable option: `patchable-function-entry`

Presumably exposed by commit

  1f9c4a996756 ("Kbuild: make MODVERSIONS support depend on not being a compile test build")

Which allowed the rust parts of the build to happen in my x86_64
allmodconfig build.

This is a cross build on a PowerPC LE host.

$ rustc --version
rustc 1.80.1
$ x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc --version
x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc (Debian 14.2.0-1) 14.2.0

I have reverted these commits for today:

  a2f115470520 ("kasan: rust: Add KASAN smoke test via UAF")
  e3117404b411 ("kbuild: rust: Enable KASAN support")
  f64e2f3a66e3 ("rust: kasan: Rust does not support KHWASAN")
  c42297438aee ("kbuild: rust: Define probing macros for rustc")
  cc1d98f9fe30 ("kasan: simplify and clarify Makefile")
  ca627e636551 ("rust: cfi: add support for CFI_CLANG with Rust")

Basically for the latter one (as a guess).

And the build works.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell