Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Fix dtc warnings when building the LAN966x device tree overlay

From: Herve Codina <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2024 13:24:01 +0100

dtc generates 3 kinds of warnings when it builds the LAN966x dtso.

- missing or empty reg/ranges property
    .../pci-ep-bus@0/cpu_clk: missing or empty reg/ranges property
    .../pci-ep-bus@0/ddr_clk: missing or empty reg/ranges property
    .../pci-ep-bus@0/sys_clk: missing or empty reg/ranges property
  Patch 1 in this series fixes these warnings

- Missing interrupt-parent
   .../pci-ep-bus@0/oic@e00c0120: Missing interrupt-parent
  This warning was quickly silenced by Philipp [1].
  Patch 2 in this series fixes the warning and should replace the patch
  applied by Philipp to silence the warning.

- Warning (avoid_unnecessary_addr_size)
   /fragment@0/__overlay__: unnecessary #address-cells/#size-cells without "ranges", "dma-ranges" or child "reg" property
  This warning should be fixed in dtc.
  A patch has already be sent by Philip to fix it [2].

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/devicetree-compiler/[email-masked]/T/#u

Best regards,
Hervé

Herve Codina (2):
  misc: lan966x_pci: Fix dtc warns 'missing or empty reg/ranges
    property'
  misc: lan966x_pci: Fix dtc warn 'Missing interrupt-parent'

 drivers/misc/lan966x_pci.dtso | 46 +++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 1 file changed, 28 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)

-- 
2.46.2