Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the amdgpu tree with the drm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2024 12:28:38 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the amdgpu tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_job.c

between commit:

  b2ef808786d9 ("drm/sched: add optional errno to drm_sched_start()")

from the drm tree and commit:

  35984fd4a093 ("drm/amdgpu: add ring reset messages")

from the amdgpu tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_job.c
index ea2663169bf3,cbae2fc7b94e..000000000000
--- a/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_job.c
+++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_job.c
@@@ -149,9 -150,11 +150,11 @@@ static enum drm_gpu_sched_stat amdgpu_j
  			atomic_inc(&ring->adev->gpu_reset_counter);
  			amdgpu_fence_driver_force_completion(ring);
  			if (amdgpu_ring_sched_ready(ring))
 -				drm_sched_start(&ring->sched);
 +				drm_sched_start(&ring->sched, 0);
+ 			dev_err(adev->dev, "Ring %s reset success\n", ring->sched.name);
  			goto exit;
  		}
+ 		dev_err(adev->dev, "Ring %s reset failure\n", ring->sched.name);
  	}
  
  	if (amdgpu_device_should_recover_gpu(ring->adev)) {