Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Peter Zijlstra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2024 15:39:30 +0100

On Thu, Nov 07, 2024 at 03:31:27PM +0100, Miguel Ojeda wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 7, 2024 at 11:34 AM Peter Zijlstra <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > So I can't get RUST=y, even though make rustavailable is happy.
> 
> If you get the chance, please check in e.g. `menuconfig` the unmet `depends on`.
> 
> It could be e.g. the `!CALL_PADDING` one if you have an older `rustc`
> than Stephen.

So menuconfig prints that as a giant line without wrapping, but instead
forces me to press 'right-arrow' to scrol that.

So I can't readily read or even copy/paste it :-(

http://peterz.broke-it.net/sekrit/allmodconfig

Is what I get from: make LLVM=-19 allmodconfig

It has:

CONFIG_RUSTC_VERSION=108200

Which is what I installed today from debian/unstable, because the
version from debian/testing was too old to satisfy make rustavailable.