Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the arm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2024 10:46:14 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the arm tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

arch/arm/mm/ioremap.c: In function 'sync_vmalloc_pgds':
arch/arm/mm/ioremap.c:130:46: error: implicit declaration of function 'kasan_mem_to_shadow'; did you mean 'kmsan_init_shadow'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  130 |                 sync_pgds(mm, (unsigned long)kasan_mem_to_shadow(
      |                                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                                              kmsan_init_shadow

Caused by commit

  15c0b4cb0223 ("ARM: 9427/1: mm: Fix stack recursion caused by KASAN")

kasan_mem_to_shadow() is only defined when CONFIG_KASAN_GENERIC or
CONFIG_KASAN_SW_TAGS is set.

$ grep CONFIG_KASAN arm_multi_v7_defconfig/.config
# CONFIG_KASAN is not set

I have used the arm tree from next-20241112 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell