Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the mm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2024 13:24:46 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got conflicts in:

  include/linux/mm.h
  include/linux/mm_types.h
  kernel/fork.c
  tools/testing/vma/vma_internal.h

between commits:

  5f0d64389e1f ("mm: convert mm_lock_seq to a proper seqcount")
  062111898568 ("mm: move per-vma lock into vm_area_struct")
  85ad413389ae ("mm: make vma cache SLAB_TYPESAFE_BY_RCU")

from the mm-unstable branch of the mm tree and commit:

  eb449bd96954 ("mm: convert mm_lock_seq to a proper seqcount")

from the tip tree.

Note that commits 5f0d64389e1f and eb449bd96954 are identical patches.

I fixed it up (I used the mm tree version) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell