Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the mm tree

From: SeongJae Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2025 10:39:44 -0800

On Mon, 6 Jan 2025 17:37:33 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> After merging the mm tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs) produced
> this warning:
> 
> Documentation/admin-guide/mm/damon/usage.rst:440: WARNING: undefined label: 'damos_stats'
> 
> Introduced by commit
> 
>   78d2a4747a44 ("Docs/admin-guide/mm/damon/usage: remove DAMON debugfs interface documentation")

Thank you for this nice report, Stephen!  The problem comes from the
translation documents because those references the removed sections of debugfs
interface documentation.  That is, I didn't take care of the translations for
the change, sorry.

Simply removing the references could be a quick and small fix that can be
melded into the document removal commit.  But I think the entire DAMON debugfs
section from the translations should also be removed.  Since it is not a tiny
change, I think it is better to be a separate patch that comes before the main
debugfs section removal.  This might make Andrew's work unnecessarily
complicated.  I will hence post the entire patch sereis as v2.

Thanks,
SJ

> -- 
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell