Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the mm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2025 13:47:28 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  include/linux/mm.h

between commits:

  0562d49197b9 ("mm: prepare lock_vma_under_rcu() for vma reuse possibility")
  db691d64f393 ("mm: convert mm_lock_seq to a proper seqcount")

from the mm-unstable branch of the mm tree and commit:

  eb449bd96954 ("mm: convert mm_lock_seq to a proper seqcount")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the mm tree version) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell