Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the cifs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2025 08:59:58 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the cifs tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from fs/smb/client/dns_resolve.h:15,
                 from fs/smb/client/dns_resolve.c:18:
fs/smb/client/cifsproto.h:32:28: warning: 'struct TCP_Server_Info' declared inside parameter list will not be visible outside of this definition or declaration
   32 | extern int smb_send(struct TCP_Server_Info *, struct smb_hdr *,
      |                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fs/smb/client/cifsproto.h:79:45: warning: 'struct cifs_tcon' declared inside parameter list will not be visible outside of this definition or declaration
   79 |                                      struct cifs_tcon *tcon,
      |                                             ^~~~~~~~~
(and many more like this)

Caused by commit

  42b78fe1919b ("smb: client: provide dns_resolve_{unc,name} helpers")

Looks like a missing include.

I have used the cifs tree from next-20250116 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell