Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs-brauner tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2025 09:38:23 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the vfs-brauner tree got conflicts in:

  fs/dcache.c
  fs/erofs/zdata.c
  fs/gfs2/quota.c
  include/linux/lockref.h

between commits:

  4b193fa75eff ("lockref: remove lockref_put_not_zero")
  6d2868d5b6fc ("lockref: use bool for false/true returns")
  25d8060418b4 ("lockref: drop superfluous externs")
  63440d1c6dd1 ("lockref: add a lockref_init helper")
  8c32b87c4f88 ("dcache: use lockref_init for d_lockref")
  6f86f1465b59 ("erofs: use lockref_init for pcl->lockref")
  3e652eba244c ("gfs2: use lockref_init for qd_lockref")

from Linus' tree (plus further commits affecting these same files in other
trees) and commits:

  74b5da771c89 ("lockref: remove lockref_put_not_zero")
  57bd981b2db7 ("lockref: use bool for false/true returns")
  80e2823cbe59 ("lockref: drop superfluous externs")
  5f0c395edf59 ("lockref: add a lockref_init helper")
  24706068b7b6 ("dcache: use lockref_init for d_lockref")
  160a93170d53 ("erofs: use lockref_init for pcl->lockref")
  0ef3858b15e3 ("gfs2: use lockref_init for qd_lockref")

from the vfs-brauner tree.

I fixed it up (these commits are just duplicates, so I used the former
vresions of these files) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now
fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts
should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is
submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with
the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

Please clean up the vfs-brauner tree.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell