Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the ext4 tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 09:58:23 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the ext4 tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from fs/ext4/namei.c:28:
fs/ext4/namei.c: In function '__ext4_find_entry':
include/linux/fs.h:1258:12: error: 'struct super_block' has no member named 's_encoding_flags'
 1258 |         (sb->s_encoding_flags & SB_ENC_NO_COMPAT_FALLBACK_FL)
      |            ^~
fs/ext4/namei.c:1602:27: note: in expansion of macro 'sb_no_casefold_compat_fallback'
 1602 |                 else if (!sb_no_casefold_compat_fallback(dir->i_sb) &&
      |                           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  ab00acfcfc62 ("ext4: introduce linear search for dentries")

# CONFIG_UNICODE is not set

I have used the ext4 tree from next-20250213 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell