Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the perf tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 15:20:37 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the perf tree, today's linux-next build (native powerpc
perf) failed like this:

arch/powerpc/tests/dwarf-unwind.c: In function 'test__arch_unwind_sample':
arch/powerpc/tests/dwarf-unwind.c:48:34: error: initialization of 'struct regs_dump *' from incompatible pointer type 'struct regs_dump **' [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
   48 |         struct regs_dump *regs = &sample->user_regs;
      |                                  ^
arch/powerpc/util/unwind-libdw.c: In function 'libdw__arch_set_initial_registers':
arch/powerpc/util/unwind-libdw.c:19:39: error: initialization of 'struct regs_dump *' from incompatible pointer type 'struct regs_dump **' [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
   19 |         struct regs_dump *user_regs = &ui->sample->user_regs;
      |                                       ^

Caused by commit

  dc6d2bc2d893 ("perf sample: Make user_regs and intr_regs optional")

I have used the perf tree from next-20250213 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell