Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the mm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 10:14:53 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the mm tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc native perf)
failed like this:

In file included from threadmap.c:4:
tools/include/linux/refcount.h: In function 'refcount_set_release':
tools/include/linux/refcount.h:65:9: error: implicit declaration of function 'atomic_set_release'; did you mean 'refcount_set_release'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
   65 |         atomic_set_release(&r->refs, n);
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |         refcount_set_release
tools/include/linux/refcount.h:65:9: error: nested extern declaration of 'atomic_set_release' [-Werror=nested-externs]
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

(and several more similar)

Caused by commit

  1465347e498f ("mm: make vma cache SLAB_TYPESAFE_BY_RCU")

from the mm-unstable branch of the mm tree.

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell