Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the btrfs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2025 10:32:14 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the btrfs tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

fs/btrfs/extent_io.c: In function 'btrfs_set_folio_subpage':
fs/btrfs/extent_io.c:874:45: error: passing argument 2 of 'btrfs_is_subpage' from incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
  874 |         if (!btrfs_is_subpage(fs_info, folio->mapping))
      |                                        ~~~~~^~~~~~~~~
      |                                             |
      |                                             struct address_space *
In file included from fs/btrfs/extent_io.c:26:
fs/btrfs/subpage.h:95:51: note: expected 'struct folio *' but argument is of type 'struct address_space *'
   95 |                                     struct folio *folio)
      |                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~

Caused by commit

  40524fd05deb ("btrfs: kill EXTENT_FOLIO_PRIVATE")

I have used the btffs tree from next-20250226 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell