Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kvm-arm tree with the arm-perf tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2025 20:18:53 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kvm-arm tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/perf/apple_m1_cpu_pmu.c

between commit:

  c2e793da59fc ("perf: apple_m1: Don't disable counter in m1_pmu_enable_event()")

from the arm-perf tree and commit:

  75ecffc361bb ("drivers/perf: apple_m1: Refactor event select/filter configuration")

from the kvm-arm tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/perf/apple_m1_cpu_pmu.c
index 39349ecec3c1,6be703619a97..000000000000
--- a/drivers/perf/apple_m1_cpu_pmu.c
+++ b/drivers/perf/apple_m1_cpu_pmu.c
@@@ -396,7 -428,11 +428,7 @@@ static void m1_pmu_enable_event(struct 
  	user = event->hw.config_base & M1_PMU_CFG_COUNT_USER;
  	kernel = event->hw.config_base & M1_PMU_CFG_COUNT_KERNEL;
  
- 	m1_pmu_configure_counter(event->hw.idx, evt, user, kernel);
 -	m1_pmu_disable_counter_interrupt(event->hw.idx);
 -	m1_pmu_disable_counter(event->hw.idx);
 -	isb();
 -
+ 	m1_pmu_configure_counter(event->hw.idx, event->hw.config_base);
  	m1_pmu_enable_counter(event->hw.idx);
  	m1_pmu_enable_counter_interrupt(event->hw.idx);
  	isb();