Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the pinctrl tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2025 16:24:52 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the pinctrl tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/pinctrl/bcm/pinctrl-bcm281xx.c:1576:35: error: redefinition of 'bcm281xx_pinctrl_regmap_config'
 1576 | static const struct regmap_config bcm281xx_pinctrl_regmap_config = {
      |                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/pinctrl/bcm/pinctrl-bcm281xx.c:963:35: note: previous definition of 'bcm281xx_pinctrl_regmap_config' with type 'const struct regmap_config'
  963 | static const struct regmap_config bcm281xx_pinctrl_regmap_config = {
      |                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  a40b63c773c2 ("Merge branch 'devel' into for-next")

Each of the parents of that commit has only one definition, so something
went wrong with the merge :-(

I have used the pinctrl tree from next-20250313 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell