Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kunit-next tree with the net-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2025 19:36:21 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kunit-next tree got a conflict in:

  lib/Makefile

between commit:

  b341f6fd45ab ("blackhole_dev: convert self-test to KUnit")

from the net-next tree and commit:

  c104c16073b7 ("Kunit to check the longest symbol length")

from the kunit-next tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc lib/Makefile
index 66e44569b141,e8fec9defec2..000000000000
--- a/lib/Makefile
+++ b/lib/Makefile
@@@ -392,7 -393,8 +392,9 @@@ obj-$(CONFIG_FORTIFY_KUNIT_TEST) += for
  obj-$(CONFIG_CRC_KUNIT_TEST) += crc_kunit.o
  obj-$(CONFIG_SIPHASH_KUNIT_TEST) += siphash_kunit.o
  obj-$(CONFIG_USERCOPY_KUNIT_TEST) += usercopy_kunit.o
 +obj-$(CONFIG_BLACKHOLE_DEV_KUNIT_TEST) += blackhole_dev_kunit.o
+ obj-$(CONFIG_LONGEST_SYM_KUNIT_TEST) += longest_symbol_kunit.o
+ CFLAGS_longest_symbol_kunit.o += $(call cc-disable-warning, missing-prototypes)
  
  obj-$(CONFIG_GENERIC_LIB_DEVMEM_IS_ALLOWED) += devmem_is_allowed.o