Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the zstd tree with the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2025 20:11:11 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the zstd tree got a conflict in:

  lib/zstd/common/portability_macros.h

between commit:

  1400c87e6cac ("zstd: Increase DYNAMIC_BMI2 GCC version cutoff from 4.8 to 11.0 to work around compiler segfault")

from the tip tree and commit:

  091697666ab0 ("zstd: Work around gcc segfault on versions older than 11.4")

from the zstd tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the latter) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell