Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2025 10:38:54 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the tip-fixes tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from builtin-check.c:16:
In function 'save_argv',
    inlined from 'objtool_run' at builtin-check.c:296:2:
tools/objtool/include/objtool/warn.h:47:17: error: '%s' directive argument is null [-Werror=format-overflow=]
   47 |                 "%s%s%s: objtool: " format "\n",        \
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tools/objtool/include/objtool/warn.h:92:9: note: in expansion of macro 'WARN'
   92 |         WARN("%s: " format " failed: %s", __func__, ##__VA_ARGS__, strerror(errno))
      |         ^~~~
builtin-check.c:241:25: note: in expansion of macro 'WARN_GLIBC'
  241 |                         WARN_GLIBC("strdup(%s)", orig_argv[i]);
      |                         ^~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused (or exposed?) by commit

  c5995abe1547 ("objtool: Improve error handling")

I have used the tip-fixes tree from next-20250325 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell