Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2025 13:35:18 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the tip tree, today's linux-next build (native perf)
failed like this:

diff: tools/arch/x86/include/asm/amd/ibs.h: No such file or directory
In file included from util/amd-sample-raw.c:12:
tools/include/../../arch/x86/include/asm/amd/ibs.h:10:10: fatal error: asm/msr-index.h: No such file or directory
   10 | #include <asm/msr-index.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

Maybe caused by commit

  3846389c03a8 ("x86/platform/amd: Move the <asm/amd-ibs.h> header to <asm/amd/ibs.h>")
or associated commits?

This a native ppc build of perf.

I have used the tip tree from next-20250414 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell