Subject: Re: Please add fwctl to linux-next

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2025 09:08:45 +1000

Hi Jason,

On Tue, 22 Apr 2025 13:52:19 -0300 Jason Gunthorpe <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> We now have an official tree for fwctl, can you add it to linux-next
> please?
> 
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/fwctl/fwctl.git/
> 
> Branches for-rc and for-next

Added from today with all three of you as contacts.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]