Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the hyperv tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2025 17:26:30 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the hyperv tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic_numachip.c:228:43: error: initialization of 'int (*)(u32,  long unsigned int,  unsigned int)' {aka 'int (*)(unsigned int,  long unsigned int,  unsigned int)'} from incompatible pointer type 'int (*)(u32,  long unsigned int)' {aka 'int (*)(unsigned int,  long unsigned int)'} [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
  228 |         .wakeup_secondary_cpu           = numachip_wakeup_secondary,
      |                                           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic_numachip.c:228:43: note: (near initialization for 'apic_numachip1.wakeup_secondary_cpu')
arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic_numachip.c:262:43: error: initialization of 'int (*)(u32,  long unsigned int,  unsigned int)' {aka 'int (*)(unsigned int,  long unsigned int,  unsigned int)'} from incompatible pointer type 'int (*)(u32,  long unsigned int)' {aka 'int (*)(unsigned int,  long unsigned int)'} [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
  262 |         .wakeup_secondary_cpu           = numachip_wakeup_secondary,
      |                                           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic_numachip.c:262:43: note: (near initialization for 'apic_numachip2.wakeup_secondary_cpu')

Caused by commit

  2d2d4d8bb009 ("arch/x86: Provide the CPU number in the wakeup AP callback")

I have used the hyperv tree from next-20250505 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell