Subject: Re: Add thead clk tree to linux-next

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2025 20:40:49 +1000

Hi Drew,

On Wed, 7 May 2025 17:28:47 -0700 Drew Fustini <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 07, 2025 at 04:26:17PM -0700, Drew Fustini wrote:
> > Hi Stephen,
> > 
> > I'm the maintainer of T-Head SoCs like the TH1520 and I've just created
> > new branches for T-Head clk patches. Please add these to linux-next:
> > 
> > thead-clk-fixes git https://github.com/pdp7/linux.git#thead-clk-fixes
> > thead-clk for-next git https://github.com/pdp7/linux.git#thead-clk-for-next  
> 
> Apologies for typo 'thead-clk for-next'. Please use this:
> 
> thead-clk-fixes git https://github.com/pdp7/linux.git#thead-clk-fixes
> thead-clk-for-next git https://github.com/pdp7/linux.git#thead-clk-for-next

Added from tomorrow.  In the end I named then thead-clk and
thead-clk-fixes (just for consistency).

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]