Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2025 16:52:41 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/base/cpu.c

between commit:

  f4818881c47f ("x86/its: Enable Indirect Target Selection mitigation")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  4e2c719782a8 ("x86/cpu: Help users notice when running old Intel microcode")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/base/cpu.c
index 50651435577c,1c4359366cd7..000000000000
--- a/drivers/base/cpu.c
+++ b/drivers/base/cpu.c
@@@ -600,7 -600,7 +600,8 @@@ CPU_SHOW_VULN_FALLBACK(spec_rstack_over
  CPU_SHOW_VULN_FALLBACK(gds);
  CPU_SHOW_VULN_FALLBACK(reg_file_data_sampling);
  CPU_SHOW_VULN_FALLBACK(ghostwrite);
 +CPU_SHOW_VULN_FALLBACK(indirect_target_selection);
+ CPU_SHOW_VULN_FALLBACK(old_microcode);
  
  static DEVICE_ATTR(meltdown, 0444, cpu_show_meltdown, NULL);
  static DEVICE_ATTR(spectre_v1, 0444, cpu_show_spectre_v1, NULL);
@@@ -617,7 -617,7 +618,8 @@@ static DEVICE_ATTR(spec_rstack_overflow
  static DEVICE_ATTR(gather_data_sampling, 0444, cpu_show_gds, NULL);
  static DEVICE_ATTR(reg_file_data_sampling, 0444, cpu_show_reg_file_data_sampling, NULL);
  static DEVICE_ATTR(ghostwrite, 0444, cpu_show_ghostwrite, NULL);
 +static DEVICE_ATTR(indirect_target_selection, 0444, cpu_show_indirect_target_selection, NULL);
+ static DEVICE_ATTR(old_microcode, 0444, cpu_show_old_microcode, NULL);
  
  static struct attribute *cpu_root_vulnerabilities_attrs[] = {
  	&dev_attr_meltdown.attr,
@@@ -635,7 -635,7 +637,8 @@@
  	&dev_attr_gather_data_sampling.attr,
  	&dev_attr_reg_file_data_sampling.attr,
  	&dev_attr_ghostwrite.attr,
 +	&dev_attr_indirect_target_selection.attr,
+ 	&dev_attr_old_microcode.attr,
  	NULL
  };