Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2025 16:54:39 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  include/linux/cpu.h

between commit:

  f4818881c47f ("x86/its: Enable Indirect Target Selection mitigation")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  4e2c719782a8 ("x86/cpu: Help users notice when running old Intel microcode")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc include/linux/cpu.h
index 3aa955102b34,1f5cfc4cc04f..000000000000
--- a/include/linux/cpu.h
+++ b/include/linux/cpu.h
@@@ -78,8 -78,8 +78,10 @@@ extern ssize_t cpu_show_gds(struct devi
  extern ssize_t cpu_show_reg_file_data_sampling(struct device *dev,
  					       struct device_attribute *attr, char *buf);
  extern ssize_t cpu_show_ghostwrite(struct device *dev, struct device_attribute *attr, char *buf);
 +extern ssize_t cpu_show_indirect_target_selection(struct device *dev,
 +						  struct device_attribute *attr, char *buf);
+ extern ssize_t cpu_show_old_microcode(struct device *dev,
+ 				      struct device_attribute *attr, char *buf);
  
  extern __printf(4, 5)
  struct device *cpu_device_create(struct device *parent, void *drvdata,