Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the fuse tree with the mm-unstable tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2025 10:53:13 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the fuse tree got a conflict in:

  fs/fuse/file.c

between commit:

  04a1473f8ff0 ("fuse: drop usage of folio_index")

from the mm-unstable tree and commits:

  0c58a97f919c ("fuse: remove tmp folio for writebacks and internal rb tree")
  3a7d67252c63 ("fuse: support large folios for writeback")

from the fuse tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc fs/fuse/file.c
index 6f19a4daa559,b27cdbd4bffe..000000000000
--- a/fs/fuse/file.c
+++ b/fs/fuse/file.c
@@@ -2349,7 -2145,7 +2145,7 @@@ static bool fuse_writepage_need_send(st
  		return true;
  
  	/* Discontinuity */
- 	if (data->orig_folios[ap->num_folios - 1]->index + 1 != folio->index)
 -	if (folio_next_index(ap->folios[ap->num_folios - 1]) != folio_index(folio))
++	if (folio_next_index(ap->folios[ap->num_folios - 1]) != folio->index)
  		return true;
  
  	/* Need to grow the pages array?  If so, did the expansion fail? */